Thursday, December 9, 2010

LIPSTICK FIEND

 
I love lipstick in so many ways.  It can be so expressive.  With an outrageous range of colors that come with a powerful opacity or a soft translucence, a brilliant pout is something I refuse to go without.  Everytime I go makeup shopping, whether intended or not, I always buy myself a new tube in some extravagant color.  While the traditional fire engine red is not my favorite, I still see it's classic time and place.  Not only that, but it looks lovely with every complexion.  The ones that melt my heart, and grab my eye are the brightest pinks and purples.  With favorites like Chanel 'Coco Pink' and Dior's 'Rose Making of Pink Premiere', I accompany my bright lips with a natural face - foundation, blush, mascara & done!

Not to mention that when I am feeling anxious, upset, nervous, or any negative emotion for that matter, I always feel best slapping the brightest of pink lipsticks on while listening to the most vulgar, ignorant and violent rap song I can find.  It really soothes me.  Try NARS 'Funny Face' & "Beat Them Hoes Down" by Three Six Mafia. ;)

And if you're on the search for an excellent tinted lip treatment that's a little bit lolita and a whole lot of Brigitte Bardot, I recommend NARS 'Sabrina'.  It's beautiful and light on your lips, and keeps them silky smooth.

I live by a man's code, designed to fit a man's world, yet at the same time I never forget that a woman's first job is to choose the right shade of lipstick.” -Carole Lombard




 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment